Saturday 19 November 2011

Dr Feelgood.

It's the night before going into hospital for the first round of Chemotherapy. I feel perfectly fine, still no symptoms of any kind aside from the small painless lump on the side of my neck.
Monday will see them fitting me with a Hickman Line and PEG tube. The Hickman line is a flexable catheter that goes into my chest and allows the Chemo drugs to be given for extended periods of time, in my case five days at a time. The Peg or feeding tube is a thin tube that is inserted into my stomach and allows food and additional meds to given should i loose the ability to swallow through the side effects of the radio therapy in a few weeks time. They like to get that in early so that it settles and there is less risk of infection and other complications.

I'll be honest, it's all been explained and it's all very necessary, but it's freaking me out a bit at the thought of all this stuff. I hoping its going to be like wearing wrist watch. You put it on and with in short while you forget it's there, but I guess we'll just have to see.

1 comment:

  1. thinking of you Ciaran - hope everything goes well!! Keep that music rocking

    Hazel & Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete