Sunday 22 January 2012

Cake and Friends...


I feel like It's been a while since writing in the blog. I think the combination of the last round knocking me for six and the last week being so busy I've just not found the time. When I say busy, I mean in a totally good way. If we rewind back to week ago, everyone from the Cornish Trail Riders (MTB group) and a few other good friends got together to catch up over a meal at the pub where we usually meet up to go riding. It was an awesome night with a top turn out and many laughs to be had.

I feel like there has been an endless stream of visitors this week... not a bad thing. In fact catching up with friends old and new has gone a long way to lifting spirits and allowing me to actually forget about the situation I'm in and relax for a while rather than sitting around fretting or worrying about things that are completely out of my control.

I have to say the last round is still with me even now, two days away from starting the next one. I still get very tired doing the smallest of tasks and this cough has settled down, but still won't shift. We had some close friends stay with us over the weekend and I just felt really annoyed that there were just certain really basic things that I really struggled with. We took the kids for a short walk down to the Gannel river at the back of the house and it just about finished me off. I had to come home and go to bed for a couple of hours to recover... just flat out frustrating.

Having said that the weekend was brilliant, I had a great birthday and felt quite overwhelmed with all the well wishes and greetings... very cool, thank you everyone.

I go into to Trelisk Hospital tomorrow to have a plaster of paris mould made of my face and neck. This is so that they can make the mask that will hold my head in the same position each day through the radiotherapy. I will also meet the planning team as they begin to put together the treatment plan that will be performed over the 7 week course.

Well' as I've said, the final round of the 'big' chemotherapy treatments starts on Wednesday. I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to it... at all. I'm going to try and hold on to a couple of thoughts through the next one. The main one being that this is the last one before the radiotherapy starts on the Feb 15th and the other is that it brings me closer to the day when I can pull the zip up on a wetsuit and go surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment