Wednesday 25 January 2012

Last of the big four...

I'm sat back in Trelisk hospital this evening about to begin the last of the big four chemo treatments. Once again flanked by two old blokes who were puking in uniform sycrinisity on my arrival...there an overwhelming smell of urine and vomit, It's going to be an interesting night.

I had another meeting with Dr Colinson today to be assessed for this next round, he informed me that he had seen the scan that was taken on Monday. While this scan was slightly less detailed than the scan I will have tomorrow he informed me that there had once again been a dramatic decrease in both tumours to the point where he believes that the primary tumour site is now as small if not smaller than the one on my neck. Given that I can't even feel the lump on my neck anymore, I took this as great news.

As I think I've said before I'm really not relishing the idea of yet another round of chemo, but it's just got to be done. We had yet another conversation about the radiotherapy, and yet again I left feeling pretty concerned about the whole thing... Not so much the short term effects, I think I could get through anything if you know there's an end to it. It's the likely long term effects that I find difficult to come to terms with and the fact that some of the more serious side effects can continue for months and often years after the treatment ends.
Still... I guess when given choice of cake or death, your gonna choose cake everytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment