Wednesday 14 December 2011

Nice to see ya, to see ya... Nice!

I've been back on top form over the last week, a little battle weary but able to make to most of feeling way better than I have done in recent weeks.

It's been great to get a few folk calling round for a cuppa and a catch up and to be able to make calls to freinds around the country and have a good chin wag about everything that's been going on. An extension to this was the announcement of a possible Christmas get together with everyone from the Trail Riders bike club I've been part of for last few years. We have always started our three weekly rides from the Fox and Hounds car park in Scorrier, and finish the majority of rides with a pint in the Fox afterwards. Myself and freind from Newquay headed down there to meet up with everyone for the first time since I was diagnosed. I was was very conscious that I wanted to reassure them that everything was okay and I was feeling good. It's true, I am, but I still wanted to offer that reassurance to my freinds. We sat and ate huge plates of gammon and chips, laughed hard for good few hours and reveled in talk of future bike trips. It was amazing to see everyone and it offered a real boost to my moral at this point. A lot of folk I know are going to find this weird, but I have no desire to drink alcohol at the moment. It just feels like a negative in my system that I really don't need. Perhaps when the treatment is all done my thirst will return, but for now I really could yet care less.

Tomorrow sees me back in Trelisk for a lengthy check up to ensure that everything is okay to begin the next round of chemo. All being well I will be I'll get started the folloiwing day and things wont have been efected by the illness following the first round. Fingers crossd that they are going to adjust the dosage to limit some of the more aggressive side effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment