Saturday 3 March 2012

1 down... 6 to go.

So... that's the first week of Radiotherapy done. Its not been all that easy dealing with the effects of the chemo (daily sickness) and having to get into hospital every day for treatment. Despite this round of chemo being one instead of the usual three drugs, it's made no real difference to the impact it's had. Since Monday I've slept for 20 out of 24hrs and when I have been awake Im being sick,so it's been a challenge trying to keep food and fluids on board this week.

I've got no ill effects from the RT as yet other than a sore neck where the mask holds me in position for each treatment. I can tell though by the way the staff are talking that it's only a matter of time before the 'hard miles' begin.

Bethan has been running me in to the hospital each day which has meant a lot of juggling and re- organising to get this done. It's been very valuable to have B with me, not just for moral support but to help absorb the information that we are often bombarded with while visiting the clinic. I guess it's an effect of the chemo, but my brain just doesn't want to retain information at the moment,so it's very useful to have someone around who can.

I'm hoping that things will improve over the weekend other wise I'm certain that they will want me back in hospital if things don't change. Just got to hang in there, rest, drink and try and do all the right stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment