Monday 12 March 2012

Not so fast...

Just as we were all stood in the kitchen on Friday saying how well the RT was going and how well I was doing. I woke on Saturday morning with a very dry mouth and painful white sores lining the inside of my cheaks and throat. The side effects have arrived pretty much over night and as I write this on Monday morning I can say that they are getting rapidly worse. I now have to aim to eat food that will kind of dissolve in my mouth and needs little effort to chew and swallow. My jaw seems to have less and less movement to it as the days have progressed meaning that speech has become awkward and uncomfortable, looks like I'm going to sending a lot of texts from now on. Swallowing is very painful and the morning ritual of trying to take tablets has become a painful chore.

I get the feeling that with another 5 weeks of RT that this is a glimps of things to come. I'm dreading the final round of chemo in the 19th. The cell damage that the chemo does on top of this new round of side effects is going to make my mouth a very interesting place.

I'm back in today to begin week 3 of the RT treatment, so I think it's time to speak to someone about pain management as paracetamol aren't really cutting it anymore...

...and it looks like I need to put apple sauce and baby food are at the top of the next shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment