Friday 6 January 2012

Tuning Bad Times into Good times!


Having just returned from hospital, feeling pretty worn down, and as the nurse said as I left "nights like that feel like partying but with out the party!" I would have to agree.

Anyway, a large package was waiting for me on the doorstep as I arrived home... to my amazement I tear it open to reveal an awesome care package from the boys in the Cancer Bats!!! We all met up a few Summers ago while I was working as a surfing coach and as a break from their Uk tour we headed out for a surf over at Crantock, which everyone loved and a rad time was had by all! It's certainly a day that stands out in my mind, not just because I got to teach one of my favorite bands a little bit about surfing, but it was also a pleasure to hang out with such a decent, funny and humble bunch of people.

I should take this opportunity to explain to those who aren't in the know, the Cancer Bats are nothing to do with cancer... its just a name! I don't think raddness has ever caused cancer and that is all these guys deal in... so your safe!

So... I begin the after effects of round three's chemo assault armed with a barrage of entertainment, clothing and well wishes from Canada's finest, but I cant help thinking there are other parties who have had a hand in this. If those people are reading this I can't thank you and "the bats" enough, I know you know what this means to me... thank you all so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment