Thursday 5 January 2012

Nights of the living dead....

The title of this post may sound insesitive, but it is aimed at my fellow inmates that im sharing the ward with on Lowan this round. A very different bunch from before a lot older and way more high maintenance then anything I've seen in here before. I'm flanked either side by two men im guessing in thier mid sevetites, who by day are pretty dormant, aside from the idiot to the left of my that decided to light up a cigarette at 3pm this afternoon... I was speechless, who thinks its okay to smoke on a cancer ward? Where does the selfishness end with some people... quite amazing! Perhaps its the steroids I'm on, but I thought today that if he trys that again I'm going to douse him with my bed side water jug!

So, it's now 4.47am on Thursday night. I slept from 10pm unill about 1.30am and have been awake every since, it was a similar story the night before. Really looking forward to getting home, seeing everyone and getting some peace. I'm on the second hydration phase having had two of the three chemo drugs over the last 12hrs. This phase is set to finish in a couple of hours, so I will be cut loose from the IV and hopefully get a chance to shower before the mobile pump is put on. Fingers crossed I can get an early break out of here, it's been a rough one this time. Not with regards illness in anyway, just the conditions on the last two nights!

On the flip side I met a really funny Scotish chap called Doogie. Doogie is suffering with an incurable form of Lukimia, but has had me laughing so hard I though my line was going to fall out! Unfortunately Doogie went home earlier today leaving me with the geriatric brigade.

Dispite being up at this insane hour, it has allowed me to catch up with folk in alternate time zones. It was nice to catch up with some old Aussie mates who I've not spoken to for very long time.

so... my hope for tomorrow is early release and straight line from here to my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment