Friday 23 December 2011

Wired...

I've been at home now for four days and I realised yesterday that I've not actually left the house. As I'm writing this its still a very dark 7.30am and I can hear the wind howling outside. Still... I'm determined to get out out in the fresh air today, even if it's a stroll up the street and back.

I had a much better day yesterday, it felt as though the side effects of the chemo were finally beginning to subside. I managed to stay awake for a good part of the day before crashing for a few hours around tea time and despite the odd bit of stomach ache it felt like my appetite was returning.

I've had this annoying cough for a few weeks now, the team at the hospital know about it and I've been put on anti biotiics as a protective measure through this round. I've also been really on top of my anti sickness meds this time which has made a big difference. It's weird how in a matter of weeks I've gone from being someone who would avoid taking pain killers and pills unless absolutely nessasary to someone who feels a bit like a walking chemistry set.

As with many families at the moment we are all suffering with coughs and colds of some kind. I've been told not to worry about my own families germs, but to take greater care when it comes to visitors who may carry infectious stuff (colds, flu etc). This is so difficult espesially at the time of year, but everyone on the hospital team has said that you must literally turn people away if they are ill. I haven't had to do this yet as everyone has been really understanding, but it doesent stop the high levels of paranoia that come with a depleted immune system.

On a positive note, the move has been a big sucsess and everything is settling down nicely, apart from the kids who are both giddy beyond belief! The new Sonos system was fitted the day before yersterday and I can't get enough of it! I spent severl hours yesterday scouring back catalogs of music...pure joy! I suppose people mourned the death of vynal and even the death of the cd with the soulless introduction of downloading music, but I suppose streaming music is adds a whole new level to that, but I'm only seeing the pluses right now.

2 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS !....Id love to pop round and see the new house but im still full of cold so probably not the best idea !...dropped a card in your old house a few nights ago on the way back from a free bowling game at the calafornia, never been before and i dont think rich was amused that i won by miles !....anyway when the cold lurgy has gone ill be round ....sarah x....ps (it shows me as vintage-sasha as thats my blog name and it does it automatically)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, it would be lovely to see you both, I'm feeling much better and hat will only be set to improve over the next week. Give us a shout after Christmas. I think Uncle Ledge might be making and appearance next week too. Merry Christmas, C

    ReplyDelete