Thursday 16 February 2012

Catch up...

Really sorry... I haven't posted anything up for two weeks!!! Its been a funny couple of weeks. The last round was very harsh in a different way to all the others. I had a lot more sickness this time and the anti sickness tablets just weren't working at all. There were some pretty radical taste changes in my mouth and my spit went like egg white... all stringy and weird, which made eating and drinking a very 'different' experience!

The sickness subsided over the last week, but I've still been left with waves of nausea each day since. We had my consultation meeting with the oncologist yesterday. My schedule that I'd been given at the start of my treatment stated that my radiotherapy was to begin on the 15th Feb, but I was informed yesterday that I has been moved back until the 27th Feb. I was assured that this will have no impact on my treatment. My thinking was that it will give me an extra week or so to get fitter and in a better state before the RT starts, so I can take a good running jump at it!

Once again I've had some really nice visits over the last few weeks the have served as a reminder of my awesome family and friends that truly have my back through this, but its also really helped keep my mind away from negative aspects of both the treatment and cancer itself.

I had a bit of a scare this week. I found a small lump just below my collar bone in an area known to be a secondary site for my cancer to migrate too. I was quickly assured my Dr Collinson that it was not a lymph node and is nothing to worry about... a big relief!

Each day in the last week has been spent sorting out the final bits of the work we have been doing to the house which has left me worn out by the afternoon. My sister and her family were witness to this at about 4.30 pm yesterday when I sank into an uncontrollable comma like state mid conversation in our living room.

I have re- found model making over the last few weeks as a way of relaxing and taking my mind off things. I haven't really made model airplanes for many years, but its been nice when I'm finding it difficult to sleep or if everyone is out in the day to sit with some music on and lose myself in it. Despite the circumstances its actually really nice to actually have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment